Increasing in global popularity, the Tummy Tuck procedure is being performed in record numbers here in Thailand. As more and more men are now choosing to have cosmetic surgery procedures, many of them are finding that tummy tucks are an excellent option for their body concerns.
Why Men Choose Tummy Tuck Procedure?
Tummy Tuck in Thailand aims to flatten the stomach or belly by tightening your abdominal muscles and removing excess skin and fat.
You may have been left with folds of skin after losing weight. Or perhaps your saggy tummy is a result of the ageing process. For some men it could be an area of stubborn fat that you have been unable to shift with exercise or diet. Whatever the reason, an abdominoplasty could give you a slimmer, more defined shape.
The procedure should not be considered as a way to lose weight. You should ideally have achieved your target weight before undergoing a tummy tuck operation.
There are several factors that have contributed to increased numbers of male patients having Tummy Tucks. The increasingly competitive job market is often cited as a major factor, with more men wanting to get an edge in an interview or meeting situation. Positive body image may be a crucial factor in cultivating a positive and convincing attitude, and may be a tremendous asset in sales or other people-based fields.
When choosing a Tummy Tuck, men have some different considerations than women before and during their procedure. Choosing a surgeon who is experienced with these considerations is crucial for the best overall result. In many cases, these procedures may be an excellent fit for men, who do not generally wear revealing bathing suits and underwear, giving more flexibility with the placement of the incision for maximum results.
Depending on the situation, it may be highly effective to combine the male tummy tuck procedure with liposuction, thigh lifts, or as part of a body lift. In combination, these procedures can dramatically improve the contours of the lower body. For patients with excess skin and fat deposits throughout their body, upper body procedures such as an arm lift or male breast reduction may help to provide overall balance.
Benefits of Having Tummy Tuck Surgery in Thailand
- Increased over-all self-confidence.
- Increased self-esteem.
- Ability to wear more fitted clothing, or clothes that you may have previously avoided.
- Regaining a more toned and youthful body shape.
- No more hiding behind big tops/t-shirt.
Facts About Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Tummy Tuck surgery is not a way to lose weight.
- This procedure removes excess skin following weight loss or exercise.
- Very often this procedure carried out with Liposuction to define body shape.
- This procedure tightens the muscles and removes excess skin to leave a firmer and flatter abdomen.
The Procedure for Tummy Tuck Surgery
- The Tummy Tuck procedure takes around 2 hours under general anaesthetic.
- Tummy Tuck procedures require a 1 or 2 nights stay in the hospital.
- Loose excess skin and fatty tissue are removed through an incision which extends across the abdomen, usually from hip to hip.
- A benefit of this procedure is that the entire abdominal muscle wall can be tightened, usually with permanent sutures.
- You have a firmer result and flatter tummy (even if you didn’t have a flat tummy before)
Male Tummy Tuck Risks and Recovery
There are some key anatomical differences between men and women that can play a role in Tummy Tuck Recovery and Risks. For example, men have thicker skin. This means they are at greater risk for bleeding during and after their Tummy Tuck. Men’s risk of developing a hematoma (blood pooling that may clot outside a blood vessel) is also higher than it is for women.
Choosing a board certified Plastic Surgeon with experience performing male abdominal Cosmetic Surgery is the best way to make sure you are happy with the outcome. It is important that you follow his or her pre- and post-operative instructions carefully.